Circular Ecology’s team have been using various LCA software packages for over 10 years, but they started using OpenLCA in 2014. One of the main attractions to Circular Ecology was the open source nature of the software. In fact, it was the only open source LCA software available. Furthermore, OpenLCA can be used with the same high quality LCA databases as with other commercial LCA software, such as the ecoinvent database.
Other official supporters of OpenLCA include:
- The US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Department of Agriculture
- The ecoinvent centre
- EU Joint Research Commission
- German Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development (BBSR)
- UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative
Circular Ecology are in good company indeed.
Find out more about Open LCA at http://www.openlca.org/supporters
To speak with our team about LCA please contact us.